We are starting to enter the holiday season when we all take some well deserved time off to spend moments with friends and family or possibly, just have some personal down time to relax from the busy year that has been.
As a nationwide appraisal management company, Valuation Management Group strives to provide the best possible service to its clients by working closely with both lenders and appraisers. In order to excel, open communication is at the forefront each day. We have listed some helpful reminders for lenders and appraisers for the holiday season in order to insure work continues to run smoothly, even when enjoying some time away from the office.
What to think about:
- How long will you be out and which specific days?
- Who will be assisting with your work while you are out?
- When should you stop accepting appraisal assignments so that you have enough time to complete and respond to revisions before leaving?
- Are there any urgent appointments that will need to take place?
What steps to take:
- Set up an out of office message for your email and voicemail.
- Be sure your out of office message is current, refers to the dates you will be out and lists the name and contact information for the person(s) assisting while you are out.
- Notify people ahead of time if you will be missing an extended amount of time.
- Attempt to clean up any loose ends or serious issues before leaving.
For those appraisers working with Valuation Management Group, you can put yourself on vacation on our website and set the date you will be returning, which will automatically return you back to your original status with Valuation Management Group. To do so, follow these steps once logged in: Click on Setup from the top menu > Click on My Status from the left menu > Click on the drop down which currently reads Available > Click on Unavailable – On Vacation > Enter your Start Date and End Date > Click on Update.
If you are an appraiser who will not be in the office and are completing a report with Valuation Management Group, let us know prior to submission of your report so we can make the necessary arrangements to review promptly and have any revision requests back to you before you leave town. This helps us deliver the appraisal report on time, fully reviewed and revised.
Lastly, remember that everyone is busy during the holiday season so be sure to allow enough time for any appraisals, appointments and scheduling needed by ordering and scheduling your appraisals as quickly and early as possible.
Valuation Management Group is a national, residential and commercial appraisal management services company that manages the appraisal process, including the appraisal review, for financial institutions, banks, mortgage bankers, and credit unions. VMG offers a full array of commercial and residential appraisal products and services. The company’s goal is to take the appraisal process from ordinary to extraordinary for its clients and appraisers.